Uh oh… Am I a Product Junky?
Ok… I think I’ve been in some sort of denial. Could it be that I really am a product junky? Over the past SEVERAL years, I done purchased a whole bunch of stuff that I hardly or barely used. Seems to me I liked when I initially used it and then later it either just didn’t wow me or didn’t perform well at all. Or, I just forgot about it. And then, when all else fails, what do I go running back to? You got it. My Proline Lite Creme Moisturizer. I should own stock in that dag company!
So hmmm… what have I purchased through the years? Off the top of my head here’s the list:
NOTE: All oils were purchase to either make my proline moisturizer more substantial and act as a heavy-duty emollient to soften up my hair during the winter months. Did it work? Not really.
- Grape seed oil
- Jojoba oil
- Coconut oil
- Carefree Moisturizer (Stopped buying it cause the pump clogs up)
- Four or five tubes of strong hold gels (various brands — I only use to define my ends so why do I keep buying huge tubes of this stuff?)
- Two Carol’s Daughter products (hated them, made my hair hard and dry)
- A few shampoos (don’t use that often)
- Detangling sprays (like 10 bottles for $10 have yet to use them)
- Just For Me Curl Smoother (left white reside when I used it as a leave in moisturizer. Worked great as a detangler, but it has to be washed out)
- Various gel curl activators (including a just discovered unopened jar)
- Proline Softener (like it but it smells like baby lotion)
So with alla that, why in the world did I go spend my money on this stuff yesterday. Some Fantasia Ice Pomade.
Alright. I confess. I know why I bought it. It’s because sometimes I can get down right obsessed my edges. I want them to lay down and not stick up. Sometimes they cooperate at other times they don’t. It’s funny cause I don’t mind rolled up looking kitchens but I don’t like kinky rolled up front edges. So I bought this stuff hoping I’d have some luck with it. As usual I liked it going on. Looked like it was working like a charm. But as the day wore on, it looked a little dry and just a little bit frizzy. Not bad, but it didn’t work as well as I had hoped. However, my hair feels soft and NOT stiff so that’s a plus.
I also used some to define the ends of my braids better. Now that worked like a charm. No more fuzzy wuzzy ends. I’m not sure if this product is a keeper though. I saved my receipt — just in case I need to take it back to Walgreens. In fact, I’d say that if a product doesn’t work like I want it to at all, I’ll take it back. I won’t purchase product from stores that will not allow me to return a product. If doesn’t do what it promises, then why keep it?
But this stuff, I’m on the fence about it. I think I’ll keep it a little while longer and see how it works on my braids and not just my edges. I did take down and apply the gel to two braids. I must say I like how they feel. I also checked my scalp for build up. So far nothing. I scratched right in my hair line and there doesn’t seem to be any flaking or residue.
Sooo this stuff just might be a keeper. Only time will tell. But even so, I still wonder…even though my list isn’t that extensive, am I a product junky?